📚 The Wisdom Library
📖 Key Scripture
“O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are His judgments, and His ways past finding out!”
— Romans 11:33 (KJV)🌿 Welcome to the Women of Wisdom Table
There was a little more chatter than usual around the table when Debbie stood up with her Bible and notes.
Debbie: “Good evening, Women of Wisdom!”
Several voices answered at once.
Debbie: “Now, before anybody gets nervous, Gale has not been overthrown.”
The room broke into laughter.
Gale: “Thank you for clearing that up.”
Debbie: “Gale asked me to facilitate today, so I am going to do my very best to behave myself...”
Abigail: “How long do you think that will last?”
Debbie: “We are not taking bets in Bible study.”
Gale: “Debbie, they’re yours.”
Debbie smiled and looked toward everyone gathered around the table.
Debbie: “Before we begin, I want to welcome everyone who is following along with us.”
“If this is your first study, you have not arrived late. Come right in.”
“If you have been here week after week, we are glad you are still journeying with us.”
“And if you started with us, disappeared for a while, and found your way back...”
Debbie: “Last week Pastor Penny taught us that God is Victorious. The battle may be real, but the banner still stands.”
“Today we have arrived at W — Wise.”
She turned toward Pastor Penny.
Debbie: “Pastor, this one sounds like it was made for you.”
Pastor Penny: “I’m not sure whether that is a compliment or additional pressure.”
Debbie: “Both.”
🙏 P — PRAY
Invite God to prepare the heart.
Debbie: “Laura, would you open our study in prayer?”
Laura: “Of course.”
Wise God,
Thank You that Your understanding is perfect.
Help us not to depend only on what we can see, feel or understand.
Teach us to seek Your wisdom, trust Your Word and follow Your direction.
Give us wisdom for the next step and humility to obey You when Your way is different from the one we would have chosen.
Open our minds and hearts to Your Word today.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.```
📚 The Lesson Begins
Pastor Penny stood and wrote one word on the board:
Pastor Penny: “Ladies, wisdom is more than possessing information.”
“A person can know many facts and still make foolish choices.”
“Biblical wisdom includes knowing what is right and applying that knowledge rightly.”
Debbie: “So knowing the answer is not enough?”
Pastor Penny: “No. And I suspected you would ask that first.”
Debbie: “At least I waited until you finished the sentence.”
Pastor Penny: “Progress.”
He continued.
God never lacks information.
He never discovers a fact He did not previously know.
He never miscalculates.
He never overlooks a consequence.
He never needs advice.
And He never looks back at a decision and says, “I should have done that differently.”
Barbara: “Because there is nothing He failed to consider.”
Pastor Penny: “Precisely.”
📚 Enter the Wisdom Library
Pastor Penny: “Imagine walking into an enormous library.”
“Every shelf contains an area of life where we wish we had complete understanding.”
🤝 Relationships
⏳ Waiting
🏠 Family
💼 Work
💰 Finances
🌿 Purpose
🔭 The Future
Pastor Penny: “And somewhere in that library, most of us would like to find a volume entitled...”
Maria: “I would like the large-print edition, please.”
Lilly: “With an index.”
Vernice: “And a chapter called ‘When Will This Make Sense?’”
The ladies laughed.
Pastor Penny: “Unfortunately, that volume is not available.”
“God has not promised to give us access to everything He knows.”
“He has given us His Word.”
“And He has given us Himself.”
Claudia: “So the goal is not knowing everything God knows.”
Pastor Penny: “Correct.”
Claudia: “The goal is trusting the God who does know.”
Pastor Penny: “Exactly.
📖 R — READ
Listen carefully to what God says.
Pastor Penny: “Let us hear the passages in full. We will begin with Romans 11.”
📖 Romans 11:33–36
Agneta read:
Michelle continued:
Trudy read:
Anne finished:
📖 James 1:5
Jacintha read:
📖 Proverbs 3:5–7
Cassandra P. read:
Hazel continued:
Theresa finished:
📖 Isaiah 55:8–9
Cassandra F. read:
Veron continued:
A quiet pause followed.
Debbie inhaled as if she were about to speak, caught herself, and looked around the table.
Debbie: “I am waiting.”
Hermione: “Thank you.”
The room laughed.
🔍 O — OBSERVE
What do the passages reveal?
Pastor Penny: “Let us observe before drawing conclusions. What is actually in these texts?”
Debbie looked at him, then folded her hands.
Debbie: “Still waiting.”
Hermione: “Romans says God’s wisdom is deeper than we can fully search out.”
Pastor Penny: “Yes.”
Michelle: “It also asks who has been God’s counsellor. The implied answer is no one.”
Pastor Penny: “Exactly.”
Jacintha: “James says that even though God possesses perfect wisdom, He is willing to give wisdom to us when we ask.”
Pastor Penny: “An important observation.”
Cassandra F.: “Proverbs does not tell us to stop thinking. It tells us not to make our own understanding the final authority.”
Pastor Penny: “Very good.”
Debbie looked around.
Debbie: “May I?”
Pastor Penny: “Please.”
Debbie: “Isaiah is basically reminding me that if God’s way does not make sense to me, that does not automatically mean something has gone wrong.”
Pastor Penny: “Yes. Our lack of understanding is not evidence of God’s lack of wisdom.”
- God’s wisdom is deeper than we can fully understand.
- God’s knowledge is complete.
- No one serves as God’s counsellor.
- God generously gives wisdom to those who ask.
- We are called to trust God rather than depend entirely on our own understanding.
- God’s thoughts and ways are higher than ours.
- True wisdom requires dependence upon God.
Antonia: “The passages also seem to require humility from us.”
Pastor Penny: “They do.”
Antonia: “Because trusting God’s wisdom means admitting that my perspective is limited.”
Pastor Penny: “Precisely.”
💡 M — MEANING
What does it mean that God is Wise?
Pastor Penny wrote three statements on the board:
GOD CHOOSES PERFECTLY.
GOD ACTS PURPOSEFULLY.
Pastor Penny: “God’s wisdom is not merely greater than ours. It is perfect.”
God knows every detail.
Every consequence.
Every motive.
Every heart.
Every possibility.
Every outcome.
Nothing has to unfold before God understands what it means.
Alynthia: “So God never has to adjust His plan because He discovered something He did not anticipate.”
Pastor Penny: “Correct.”
Cheryl: “That makes His wisdom very different from ours. We make the best decision we can with the information available to us.”
Pastor Penny: “Exactly. Our decisions are made from partial knowledge. God’s are not.”
Jesmyn: “Then even when God’s timing puzzles us, the timing itself is not careless.”
Pastor Penny: “Yes. We may not understand His timing, but we can trust the wisdom governing it.”
Barbara: “Which is different from saying that everything happening around us is good.”
Pastor Penny: “Very important.”
“Scripture does not require us to call evil good, pain pleasant, or loss insignificant.”
“It calls us to trust that God’s wisdom is not defeated by what we cannot understand.”
❓ “But Why Would God Do It That Way?”
Pastor Penny: “There is a question believers sometimes hesitate to admit.”
Debbie raised her hand immediately.
Debbie: “Why?”
The group laughed.
Pastor Penny: “Exactly.”
Why this route?
Why this delay?
Why did that door close?
Why did this prayer receive that answer?
Why was this allowed?
Why can I not see what God is doing?
Melanie: “And sometimes the hard part is not that there is no answer yet. It is that we can imagine an answer we would have preferred.”
Pastor Penny: “Exactly.”
Trudy: “So trusting God’s wisdom may mean accepting that what seems best from my limited perspective may not actually be best.”
Pastor Penny: “Yes.”
Trust does not say:
Trust says:
Veron: “That gives room for questions without requiring us to surrender trust.”
Pastor Penny: “Exactly.”
❤️ P — PRACTICE
How do we live in dependence upon God’s wisdom?
Pastor Penny: “Let us return to our library.”
“Which shelf are you standing at?”
- 🧭 Direction
- 🤝 Relationships
- ⏳ Waiting
- 🏠 Family
- 💼 Work
- 💰 Finances
- ❤️ Matters of the heart
- 📖 Spiritual growth
- 🌿 Purpose
- 🔭 The future
Tessie: “All right. What do we do while standing at the shelf?”
Debbie: “Thank you, Tessie. I was holding that one in.”
Pastor Penny: “First, ask God for wisdom.”
“James specifically invites us to do that.”
“Second, search Scripture.”
“God will never guide us contrary to what He has already revealed in His Word.”
“Third, seek godly counsel where appropriate.”
“Fourth, distinguish between needing wisdom and demanding certainty.”
Cassandra D.: “That distinction is significant.”
Pastor Penny: “Why?”
Cassandra D.: “Because sometimes I say I need wisdom when what I really want is a guarantee.”
Pastor Penny: “Exactly.”
God may not give you the complete five-year map.
But He may give you enough wisdom for the next faithful step.
Hazel: “So I do not need to know everything before I obey what I already know.”
Pastor Penny: “Correct.”
Give me wisdom to take the next right step.
Debbie: “That is difficult for those of us who would prefer the whole map.”
Pastor Penny: “It is difficult for many of us.”
Gale: “But the next right step is still movement.”
Pastor Penny: “Yes.”
💎 T — TREASURE
Hold one truth close.
Pastor Penny: “Our truth to carry this week is simple.”
Anne: “That is especially helpful when we can see only one part of the situation.”
Pastor Penny: “Yes.”
Other truths worth carrying:
- God knows what is best.
- God never makes a mistake.
- I can ask God for wisdom.
- I do not need every answer to take the next faithful step.
- God sees what I cannot see.
- God knows what I do not know.
- I may not understand God’s way, but I can trust His wisdom.
Cassandra P.: “I’m taking ‘I do not need every answer to take the next faithful step.’”
Abigail: “Mine is ‘God knows what I do not know.’ That covers quite a lot.”
Maria: “Pretty much everything after tomorrow morning
💬 S — SHARE
Encourage someone else with what you have learned.
Pastor Penny: “There are times when wisdom is shared simply by reminding someone of what is true.”
Vernice: “Especially when they are too close to the situation to see clearly.”
Pastor Penny: “Yes.”
Lilly: “Sometimes we don’t need to give people an answer. We need to point them back to God.”
Pastor Penny: “That is often the wiser response.”
Debbie: “Which means I don’t have to solve everybody’s problem?”
Pastor Penny: “You do not.”
Debbie looked genuinely relieved.
Debbie: “This study is ministering to me personally.”
The room laughed.
Cheryl: “There is humility in saying, ‘I don’t know, but let’s pray for wisdom.’”
Pastor Penny: “Absolutely.
🌿 Before We Close the Library
Pastor Penny closed his Bible but remained standing beside the board.
Pastor Penny: “Ladies, there will be pages in your life that you cannot yet interpret.”
“There will be chapters you would have written differently.”
“There will be decisions for which you wish you had more information.”
“There will be moments when God’s way seems puzzling.”
“But the limitation is not in His wisdom.”
“The limitation is in our view.”
when you know the God who does.
Pastor Penny: “Ask Him for wisdom.”
“Search His Word.”
“Take the next faithful step.”
“And when His way is not the way you would have chosen, remember who is seeing the whole picture.”
Agneta: “We see the shelf. God sees the whole library.”
Pastor Penny smiled.
Pastor Penny: “That may be the sentence we close with.”
🙏 Closing Prayer
Debbie: “Theresa, would you close us in prayer?”
Theresa: “Yes.”
Father,
Thank You that Your wisdom is perfect and Your understanding has no limit.
Forgive us for the times we have trusted our own perspective more than Your Word.
Give us wisdom where we need direction, patience where we must wait, and humility when we do not understand.
Help us not to demand the whole plan when You are asking us simply to trust You with the next step.
Remind us that You see what we cannot see, You know what we do not know, and You never make a mistake.
Teach us to trust Your way even when it is not the way we would have chosen.
In Jesus’ name,
Amen.
🌿 Now It’s Your Turn
Debbie stepped forward again.
Debbie: “Pastor Penny has closed his notes, so now nobody can hide behind him.”
A few smiles went around the table.
“Whether you are joining us for the first time, returning after being away, or have been with us throughout this journey, we want you in the conversation.”
“Choose the question that sounds most like you—or answer all four.”
“Then share your answer in the comments below.”
“You do not have to tell us the situation. Share only what you are comfortable sharing.”
1. 📚 Which truth about God’s wisdom gives you the most confidence today?
- God sees what I cannot see.
- God knows what I do not know.
- God never makes a mistake.
- God’s timing is guided by perfect wisdom.
- God can give me wisdom when I ask.
- I can trust Him without understanding everything.
- My answer: __________________________
2. 🧭 What do you most need from God as you take your next step?
- Wisdom to make a decision.
- Patience to wait.
- Courage to obey.
- Humility to accept a different way.
- Discernment to recognize wise counsel.
- Peace when I do not have all the answers.
- My answer: __________________________
3. 📖 Which Scripture from today’s lesson would you carry with you this week?
- Romans 11:33 — God’s wisdom and knowledge are deeper than we can fully search out.
- James 1:5 — If I lack wisdom, I can ask God.
- Proverbs 3:5–6 — Trust God instead of leaning entirely on my own understanding.
- Isaiah 55:8–9 — God’s thoughts and ways are higher than mine.
- Another Scripture God brought to mind.
- My answer: __________________________
4. ❤️ Complete this sentence:
- ask Him for wisdom before rushing ahead.
- trust Him when I cannot see the whole picture.
- stop demanding answers before I obey.
- take the next faithful step.
- trust His timing.
- lean less on my own understanding.
- follow His way even when I would have chosen differently.
- My answer: _________________________
💬 Pull Up a Chair in the Comments
Debbie: “Now, don’t just think your answer and disappear.”
“Share one response or all four below.”
“Someone reading after you may need exactly the truth God brought to your attention.”
If you are joining the Women of Wisdom for the first time, say hello. 🌿
If you have returned after being away, tell us:
And if you have been here all along, make some room at the table and welcome somebody new.
📚 One Book You Don’t Have to Find
Before everyone left, Debbie glanced back at the imaginary shelves Pastor Penny had described.
Debbie: “You know, I still wouldn’t mind finding that book called Exactly What God Is Doing in My Life Right Now.”
Pastor Penny: “I suspected as much.”
Debbie: “But I think I understand the lesson.”
“Maybe I do not need that book as much as I thought.”
The room became quiet.
Debbie: “If I know the Author... I can trust the part of the story I haven’t read yet.”
Alynthia: “That is the lesson.”
But you know the Wise God who already does.
Last week we learned that the banner still stands.
This week, we leave the Wisdom Library remembering:
God sees the whole library when I can see only one shelf.
Ask for wisdom.
Trust His Word.
Take the next faithful step.
And trust the Wise God with the pages you cannot yet read.
🌿 Next week, God willing, our Attributes of God journey continues with X.
📖 Stay the Course in the Word.
No comments:
Post a Comment