4.05.2026

Almighty


THE ATTRIBUTES OF GOD · A–Z

A — Almighty

Trusting the God whose power has no equal.

Have you ever stood before a task that felt too big, a burden that felt too heavy, or a situation you could not change? Such moments remind us of our limits. They can also turn our hearts toward the One whose power is greater than anything we face.

God is Almighty. He does not grow weary, run out of strength, or encounter a difficulty beyond His ability. The God who made heaven and earth invites us to know Him, trust Him, and walk before Him.

Welcome to this reflection on who God is. There are many words beginning with A that help us describe Him. Here, we pause to consider Almighty.

Bring your Bible and take your time. You may read this devotional in one sitting or return to its sections over several days. Allow room to pray, reflect, and respond.

“I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.”

Genesis 17:1

Truth to carry: God is Almighty—I can trust His power and walk in His ways.

Follow the PROMPTS pattern: Prayer · Read · Observe · Meditate · Praise · Thanksgiving · Share. Scripture quotations are from the King James Version (KJV). Select a Scripture reference to read the passage.

P — Prayer

Almighty God, help me to see Your greatness more clearly. Forgive me for the times I have measured Your power by my own limitations. Teach me to trust You, depend on Your strength, and walk in obedience to Your Word. Amen.

Ask God to… help you entrust one difficult situation to Him and recognise where you need His strength.

R — Read & Reflect

Read slowly. Notice what these passages reveal about God’s power and how we are called to respond.

  • “I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.” — Genesis 17:1
  • “Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee.” — Jeremiah 32:17
  • “Great is our Lord, and of great power: his understanding is infinite.” — Psalm 147:5
  • “With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.” — Matthew 19:26

Read Matthew 19:23–26 together. Jesus is answering the disciples’ question about who can be saved. Salvation depends on God’s power, beyond what human effort can accomplish.

Pause and reflect: Which verse draws your attention? What concern are you viewing mainly through the limits of your own strength?

Picture this: Look at the vast sky, a mountain, or the sea. Creation can fill us with wonder, yet the Creator is greater than everything He has made.

Name it before God: Bring Him one burden you cannot carry by yourself.

O — Observe

What do you notice about God in these passages?

  • He makes Himself known. God introduces Himself to Abram as Almighty.
  • He calls us to walk before Him. Knowing His power should shape how we live.
  • He is the Creator. Heaven and earth testify to His great power.
  • Nothing is too hard for Him. Our limitations do not limit His ability.
  • His power is joined to perfect understanding. He knows what we cannot see.
  • He can accomplish what we cannot. Even salvation rests on His gracious work.

Pause: What changes when you remember that the God to whom you pray is Almighty?

M — Meditate

Almighty means all-powerful. God has the power to accomplish all His holy purposes. No person, circumstance, or opposing power can overthrow Him.

His power is always consistent with His goodness, holiness, and wisdom. We can bring Him bold requests while trusting Him with the timing and the answer.

His power in action: Read Mark 4:35–41. The disciples could not quiet the storm, but Jesus spoke and the wind and sea became calm. Their fear gave way to wonder at His authority.

We see God’s power in the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Read Ephesians 1:19–20. Paul connects the greatness of God’s power toward believers with His mighty work in raising Christ from the dead.

Because God is Almighty, I can…

  • Bring Him what feels impossible.
  • Depend on His strength when I am weary.
  • Obey Him even when the next step feels difficult.
  • Pray with confidence and surrender the outcome to Him.
  • Face uncertainty with hope in His power and wisdom.

Look back: Remember a time when God sustained you beyond what you thought you could endure. Thank Him for the strength He supplied.

Faith declaration: Lord, You are Almighty. I trust Your power, Your wisdom, and Your care. Help me walk faithfully before You.

A prayer to carry: Almighty God, strengthen me to trust and obey You.

P — Praise

Let these truths lead you into worship:

  • Lord, I praise You because You are Almighty. — Genesis 17:1
  • You made heaven and earth by Your great power. — Jeremiah 32:17
  • Nothing is too hard for You. — Jeremiah 32:17
  • Your power is great and Your understanding is infinite. — Psalm 147:5
  • You raised Jesus Christ from the dead. — Ephesians 1:19–20

Praise pause: Spend a few moments praising God in your own words. You may sing a hymn such as Holy, Holy, Holy! Lord God Almighty!

A simple prayer: Lord, You are Almighty, and You are worthy of my praise.

T — Thanksgiving

Thank God for the ways His power and care touch your life.

  • Thank You, Lord, that I can bring my needs to You.
  • Thank You that my weakness does not exhaust Your strength.
  • Thank You for sustaining me through difficult seasons.
  • Thank You for the salvation You provide through Jesus Christ.
  • Thank You that Your mighty power is always guided by Your perfect wisdom.

Make it personal: Name one specific way God has helped, strengthened, or sustained you.

Choose one word of thanksgiving: Strength · Hope · Help · Courage · Confidence · Peace. You may choose your own.

S — Share

Your turn in the comments

You may answer one or both questions:

  1. Does remembering that God is Almighty help you trust Him? You may simply answer Yes, or I am learning to trust Him.
  2. Which Scripture, phrase, or truth stood out to you?

You are also welcome to complete: “Because God is Almighty, I can ________.”

If you wish, share a word of thanksgiving, a brief testimony, or simply type “Amen.” Share only what you feel comfortable making public.

Consider sharing this devotional with a friend. You could ask one another: Where do we need to depend on God’s strength? Take a moment to pray together.

A Closing Pause — Rest in His Strength

You do not have to understand every detail before you turn to God. Bring Him your questions, your weariness, and your needs. The One who calls you to walk before Him is Almighty.

Almighty God, I place my concerns before You. Help me trust Your wisdom, receive Your strength, and obey Your Word. May my life honour You. Amen.

Live with this truth: In the days ahead, return to one of these Scriptures. When you feel overwhelmed, pause to pray and take the next step of obedience in dependence on God.

Because God is Almighty, I can depend on His strength.

Love God. Love Others. Stay the Course in the Word.

12 comments:

  1. Today I bless God because nothing is too hard for Him
    Cass P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning everyone.

    I bless you today Almighty,God because nothing is too hard for You.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I bless God because nothing is too hard for Him.
    Bless evening everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Ladies
    Today I bless God because nothing is too hard for Him.

    Have A Wonderful Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning ladies!
    Today l bless God because nothing is to hard for Him

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning ladies,

    Today I bless God because nothing is too hard for Him..

    Enjoy the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ladies,
    Today I thank God that He is more than enough for me.- He truly is

    Have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ladies,
    Truly I can say: Today I bless God because nothing is too hard for Him.
    Amen and amen.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura
    Hello everyone
    Today, I praise God because He is Almighty and bless Him,because nothing is too hard for Him.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cassandra F.April 11, 2026

    Goodnight everyone,

    Today I worship God for His mighty power!

    Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grace and Peace Ladies ,
    Today I thank God that He is more than enough for me!
    Amen 🙏
    Have a restful night


    ReplyDelete