8.23.2026

UNCHANGING

 



THE ATTRIBUTES OF GOD · A–Z

U — Unchanging

Through Every Season, God Remains the Same

A familiar tree can look very different as the seasons pass. New leaves appear, branches fill out, colours turn, and winter may leave it bare. The changing landscape reminds us how much of life moves through seasons.

Our lives change too. Plans shift, relationships develop, opportunities come and go, and feelings rise and fall. Yet Scripture gives us a steady truth: God does not change.

Here, we turn our hearts toward U — Unchanging. His goodness does not fade, His holiness does not weaken, and His faithfulness does not expire. Our confidence rests in who He is through every season.

Whether you are experiencing growth, joy, uncertainty, or grief, you are welcome. Bring your Bible and take your time. Read slowly, pause often, and allow room to pray and reflect.

“For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.”

Malachi 3:6

Truth to carry: My season may change, but my God does not.

Follow the PROMPTS pattern: Prayer · Read · Observe · Meditate · Praise · Thanksgiving · Share. Scripture quotations are from the King James Version (KJV). Select a Scripture reference to read the passage.

P — Prayer

Lord, thank You that You do not change. When life feels uncertain, remind me that Your character remains the same. Help me trust Your goodness, faithfulness, wisdom, and love. Keep me anchored in Your Word and teach me to walk faithfully with You through every season. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Ask God to… help you remember what is true about Him when circumstances and feelings change.

R — Read & Reflect

Read these passages slowly. Notice what remains constant about God.

  • “For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.” — Malachi 3:6
  • “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.” — Hebrews 13:8
  • “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” — James 1:17
  • “But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.” — Psalm 102:25–27

Pause and reflect: Which phrase brings reassurance? What does it teach you about the God you are trusting?

Name it before God: Bring Him a change you are facing—a new responsibility, an ending, a disappointment, a health concern, or a season of waiting. Speak honestly about how it affects you.

O — Observe

What do these passages reveal?

  • God declares that He does not change. Malachi connects this truth with His faithfulness toward the descendants of Jacob.
  • Jesus Christ remains the same. His faithfulness endures through past, present, and future.
  • God is the giver of good gifts. James describes Him as constant, without variation or shifting shadow.
  • Creation changes, but its Creator endures. Psalm 102 contrasts the passing creation with God’s lasting nature.
  • His years have no end. Our changing lives are held before the eternal God.

A difficult season does not mean God has stopped being good. A delayed answer does not mean He has become unfaithful. We can bring painful experiences to Him while remembering what Scripture reveals about His character.

Pause: Which truth do you most need to remember in your present season?

M — Meditate

God is unchanging. The theological word immutable describes this same truth: His essential nature and character do not change. He does not grow wiser, more loving, or more holy. He already possesses His perfections fully.

His constancy does not mean He is inactive. Scripture shows Him speaking, guiding, answering prayer, judging, and showing mercy. His actions in different situations remain consistent with His holy and faithful character.

God’s unchanging nature does not promise unchanging circumstances or identical answers to every prayer. It gives us confidence that the One we turn to remains wise, good, and trustworthy.

Because God is unchanging, I can…

  • Trust His character when circumstances shift.
  • Return to His Word when feelings are unsettled.
  • Keep praying while I wait.
  • Seek His help as I adjust to a new season.
  • Obey Him without needing every answer first.
  • Encourage someone else with His enduring faithfulness.

A practical response: Write down one change you are facing. Beside it, write one truth about God from these passages. Pray over both, then choose one faithful response you can make.

Look back: How has God sustained you through an earlier season of change? Take a moment to thank Him.

Faith declaration: My season may change, but my God does not. I will trust His character through every season.

A prayer to carry: Lord, keep me anchored in who You are.

P — Praise

Praise God for His enduring character.

  • Lord, I praise You because You do not change. — Malachi 3:6
  • You remain faithful to Your covenant. — Malachi 3:6
  • Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. — Hebrews 13:8
  • You are the constant giver of good gifts. — James 1:17
  • You endure when creation changes. — Psalm 102:25–26
  • Your years have no end. — Psalm 102:27

Praise pause: Continue in your own words. Let the truth of God’s constancy draw your heart into worship.

T — Thanksgiving

Thank God that His character remains dependable.

  • Thank You that Your faithfulness does not expire. — Malachi 3:6
  • Thank You that I can depend on the same Jesus today. — Hebrews 13:8
  • Thank You for the good gifts You give. — James 1:17
  • Thank You that Your goodness is constant. — James 1:17
  • Thank You that You endure beyond everything that changes. — Psalm 102:26
  • Thank You that Your years have no end. — Psalm 102:27

Make it personal: Complete this sentence in prayer: “Lord, thank You for Your faithfulness through ________.”

Choose one word of thanksgiving: Constancy · Faithfulness · Goodness · Hope · Assurance · Strength. You may choose your own.

S — Share

Your turn in the comments

You may answer one or both questions:

  1. Has this reflection encouraged you through change? You may simply answer Yes, or I am learning to rest in God’s unchanging character.
  2. Which Scripture or truth about God do you most need to remember in your present season?

You are also welcome to complete: “Because God is unchanging, I can ________.”

If you wish, share a word of thanksgiving or simply type “Amen.” Share only what you feel comfortable making public.

If you would like help getting started:

  • My season may change, but my God does not.
  • I cannot control every season, but I can trust God in it.
  • I am learning to bring unsettled feelings back to the truth of His Word.
  • A Scripture I want to carry with me is ________.

You may share this devotional with someone navigating change. Offer a listening ear, prayer, or practical help alongside the reminder that God remains faithful.

A Closing Pause — Praise God for Who He Is

God’s attributes do not disappear when our circumstances become difficult. Take a moment to thank Him for the fullness of His character:

Almighty · Benevolent (Good) · Compassionate · Deliverer · Eternal · Faithful · Gracious · Holy · Immutable · Just · King · Love · Merciful · Near · Omnipresent · Provider · Quickener · Righteous · Sovereign · Trustworthy · Unchanging

There will be beginnings and endings, seasons of abundance and seasons of waiting. Through them all, God remains God. The One who was faithful yesterday remains faithful today.

Father, thank You for being our steady place in a changing world. Root us deeply in Your Word, help us trust Your character, and teach us to reflect Your faithfulness in the way we love others. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Live with this truth: Keep one Scripture from this study where you will see it. Return to it when circumstances shift, and choose one practical way to encourage someone else.

My season may change, but my God does not.

Love God. Love Others. Stay the Course in the Word.

17 comments:

  1. Good morning to all! “I am back!” 🤭
    1. What truth about God do you most need to remember in your present season?  Or, share your own.
    - God NEVER stops loving me!

    2. Which statement best describes what God is teaching you through change?
    - God has been more faithful than I realized.

    3. Which Scripture from today’s lesson would you carry with you this week?
    - James 1:17 — “...with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.”

    4. Because God does not change, I will
    - obey what God has already shown me and continues to show me- I can run but I can’t hide from it - almost like Jonah except idk what my “whale” might be so best I not wait to find out haha - God is so good! 😄🙏🏽

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome back Sister... Wow!! Thanks for sharing. My eyes popped open when you said, " - I can run but I can’t hide from it - almost like Jonah except idk what my “whale” might be so best I not wait to find out." That's deep.. Stay the course. 🙏🏽🙏🏽

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Sisters.

    This has indeed been a great moment with Pastor Penny. Thank you Sister Penny.


    Questions and Answers

    1. What truth about God do you most need to remember in your present season?
    My answer… God is still Faithful.

    2. Which statement best describes what God is teaching you through change?
    My answer: A changing circumstance does not mean God has changed toward me.

    3. Which Scripture from today’s lesson would you carry with you this week?
    My answer: Malachi 3:6 — “For I am the LORD, I change not...”

    4. Complete this sentence:
    Because God does not change, I will stop allowing fear to interpret my circumstance


    Have a wonderful day.














    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V will be. " VERY PRESENT HELP" 😀

      Delete
  3. Hello everyone.

    1. What truth about God do you most need to remember in your present season?

    My answer: God is Trustworthy


    2. Which statement best describes what God is teaching you through change?

    My answer: I cannot control every season, but I can trust God in it.

    3. Which Scripture from today’s lesson would you carry with you this week?

    Hebrews 13:8 — “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”


    4. Complete this sentence:
    Because God does not change, I will face this season with greater confidence.

    Have a good evening





    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone,
    U- Unchanging :
    In my present season, God is still Almighty.
    God is teaching me through change,that I cannot control every season, but I can trust God in it.
    The scripture that I am carrying this week is Hebrews 13: 8
    " Jesus Christ the same yesterday and today and forever."
    Because God does not change,I will trust Him even when circumstances change and face this season with greater confidence.
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good night everyone:
    1: The truth about God that I need to remember most in this present season is: "GOD IS TRUSTWORTHY"

    2:The statement from best describes what God is teaching me through change. Is:
    A CHANGING CIRCUMSTANCE does not mean God has change towards me.

    3:The scripture from today's lesson I would carry for the week is Hebrew 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday today and forever.

    4: Because God does not change
    I WILL TRUST HIM EVEN WHEN CIRCUMSTANCES CHANGE..
    Bless night.Hebrews

    ReplyDelete
  6. The truth about God I most need to remember in this present season, God is still faithful.

    The statement best describes what God is teaching me through change:
    Waiting does not mean that God is absent.

    The Scripture from today’s lesson that would carry with you this week

    Hebrews 13:8 — “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”

    Because God does not change:

    I will keep praying and trusting waiting upon him, even though circumstances changes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Ladies ,
    There is indeed room at the table for us all ,
    Welcome back!
    And thank you Lady & Pastor P
    Appreciate the journey together .

    1. The truth about God
    That I need to remember the most in my current season is that God is faithful he is unchangeable.
    2.The statement that best describes what God is teaching you through change is that God may work differently than I expected and still remain completely faithful.
    3.The Scripture from the lesson that has been carrying me this week .
    Malachi 3:6 — “For I am the LORD, I change not...”
    4- Because God does not change, I will trust Him even when
    circumstances change.

    Have an awesome day 💞

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ladies,
    The truth about God I need to remember the most in my present season is:

    1.God is still faithful.
    The statement that best describes what God is teaching me through change is:

    2.Waiting does not mean God is absent.

    The scripture that I am carrying with me this week is:

    3.Malachi 3:6 “For I am the LORD, I change not…”

    4.Because God does not change, I will stop allowing fear to interpret my circumstance.
    Have a bless evening.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello ladies
    1- The Truth about God I most need to remember in my present season is :
    God is still faithful.

    2- The statement that best describes what God is teaching me through change is:
    I cannot control every season, but I can trust God in it..

    3- the scripture from today's lesson, I will carry with me this week is -
    Malachi 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not.

    4- Because God does not change, I will stop allowing fear to interpret my circumstances


    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning ladies! I am thankful God is unchanging!!

    What truth about God do you most need to remember in your present season?
    - GOD IS FAITHFUL

    2. 🌳 Which statement best describes what God is teaching you through change?
    God may work differently than I expected and still remain completely faithful.

    3. 📖 Which Scripture from today’s lesson would you carry with you this week?
    - Malachi 3:6 — “For I am the LORD, I change not...”

    Because God does not change, I will stop allowing fear to interpret my circumstances.

    Let’s remember God does not change!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I forgot to post my name - Trudy

      Delete
  11. Cassandra PAugust 29, 2026

    I’m back,

    What stood out most to me:
    I cannot control every season, but I can trust God in it and do it confidently.

    Be blessed ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for participating ladies. Hold to God unchanging hand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cassandra F.August 31, 2026

    Hi everyone,

    What truth about God do you most need to remember in your present season?
    - God is still trustworthy!

    Which statement best describes what God is teaching you through change?
    - God may work differently than I expected and still remain completely faithful.

    Which Scripture from today’s lesson would you carry with you this week?
    - Malachi 3:6 — “For I am the LORD, I change not...”

    Because God does not change, I will trust Him even when circumstances change and face this season with greater confidence.

    Thanks Sister Pens, hope you all have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete